Foundation Course in Hotels & Cruises
About the Course
Hospitality is all about people and making them feel welcome.
– Shep Hyken, Customer Service Expert
A foundation course in hotels and cruises is a program designed to introduce students to the hospitality industry and provide them with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to work in hotels, resorts, and cruise ships. Students will learn about the different departments in a hotel, such as front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, and marketing. Cruise ship operations covers the aspects of working on a cruise ship, and the role of crew members. Students will learn about the importance of safety and security including how to handle emergencies and ensure the safety of guests and crew.
This course is an excellent way to develop your skills and pursue a career in this exciting field. With our placement tie-up with many International brands and chains, students get the opportunity to work in India or abroad.
> Eligibility: 10+2
> Duration: 4 Months
> Enrolment Validity: 6 Months
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to the hospitality industry, various sectors, their role in the tourism industry, and the career opportunities.
- Hotel operations of the different departments in a hotel, such as front office, housekeeping, food and beverage, and marketing.
- Importance of customer service and how to communicate effectively with guests.
- Unique aspects of working on a cruise ship, such as the different types of ships, the role of crew members and traits.
- Different types of cuisine, how to handle food safely, and the importance of providing high-quality food and beverage service.
- Basics of event planning, including how to plan, organize, and execute a successful event.
- Marketing and sales strategies in the hospitality industry, including how to target different customer segments, develop marketing campaigns, and use social media to promote a business.
Module 01: Front Office Operations
Module 02: Housekeeping Operations
Module 03: Culinary Theory
Module 04: F & B Service
Module 05: Tourism, Hospitality & Events
Module 06: Water Transport & Cruise Industry
Module 07: Cruise Products & Services
Module 08: Cruise Operations & Maritime Legislation
Module 09: World Geography & Travel Formalities
Module 10: Health Safety and Security
Personality Development, Soft Skills
- Grooming & Corporate Etiquettes
- Business Communication Skills
- Resume Making and Mock Interviews
- Customer Care & Sales Techniques
Co-Curricular Field Activities
- Treks around Pune
- One Day Trips, Excursions around Pune
- International Study Tours outside India
- Domestic Study Tours in India
- Events, Exhibitions
- Industry Visits to Airport, Hotels, Trade Fairs, etc
> Internal Assessment: 100 Points
> External Assessment: 100 Points
> Online MCQ Examination: 100 Points
> Co-Curricular Activities: 100 Points
Grades based on CGPA
- O (Outstanding): 10;
- A+ (Excellent): 9 and above;
- A (Very Good): 8 and above;
- B+ (Good): 7 and above;
- B (Above Average): 6 and above;
- C (Average): 5 and above;
- D (Pass): 4 and above;
- F (Fail): 0 Ab (Absent): 0
- Note: The External Assessment will be done by Industry Experts
By successfully completing the course and examination you will receive an industry-recognized Certificate in “Foundation Course in Hotels and Cruise”
Front Desk Executive/Manager
Guest Relations Executive/Manager
Food and Beverage Executive
Shore Excursion Executive/Manager
Inventory Executive/ Manager
Hosts and Hostesses
Air/Sea Reservation Agents
Production Managers and more …